From: Jack Poulson <poulson.jack@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] ARMs w/ Floating Point
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 03:21:28
1 There flight tests proved the current system inefficient for all of the
2 planned computation and communication with the groundserver. They
3 claimed to be using a 416 Mhz xscale, which seems fairly beefy to me,
4 and I was under the impression that ramming floating point instructions
5 through a fixed-point register was grossly inefficient.
6
7 However, I am very new to embedded systems, and your question
8 makes me think that the control algorithm itself is the culprit.
9