From: Christopher Friedt <cfriedt@××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] cirrus ep93xx chips / maverick crunch
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 00:01:21
1 Hi ep93xx users,
2
3 I've finally finished what I thought would be the never-ending HowTo -
4 well... really it's the first of several that are related.
5
6 Hopefully this provides a concise procedure
7
8 http://gentoo-wiki.com/Gentoo_for_the_TS72xx_Single_Board_Computer_(Full_Distro)
9
10 There are instructions for creating
11
12 * a cross-toolchain, and
13 * a full distro on a USB key
14
15 There are also links to my personal maverick and ts72xx overlays.
16
17 The rootfs that I created is quite large though becuase I never bothered
18 to strip out headers, man pages, static libs, and so on, but you should
19 be able to figure that out. If so, please edit the page yourself in an
20 appropriate place or just send me something and I'll take care of it.
21
22 If anyone wants to work on a more recent gcc that supports the gcj/eabi
23 combination, that would be fantastic.
24
25 I'd like to get the cross-fortran compiler working at some point. I
26 think this should pretty much be as easy as saying
27
28 xmerge mpfr gmp
29 USE="fortran" emerge cross-armv4tl-maverick-linux-gnueabi/gcc
30
31 but I could be completely off my rocker.
32
33 Once I get a bit more work done, I'd be happy to make my BPR available
34 as well.
35
36 Njoy!
37