From: "Philippe Clérié" <philippe@××××.net>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Netgear open source router
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 12:52:44
1 On Tuesday 31 July 2007 07:11:29 Peter Stuge wrote:
2 > On Mon, Jul 30, 2007 at 09:13:45PM -0500, Philippe Clérié wrote:
3 > > I just found out that Netgear is offering the KWGR614 as an Open
4 > > Source Router.
5 >
6 > I guess they learned something from their competitors, who were sued
7 > and lost.
10 > //Peter
11
12 I don't know about that. The Linksys router was _hacked_. Here they are
13 offering _instructions_ on how to manipulate their software. _Open Source_ is
14 part of the name of the product. They didn't have to do that. I think they
15 just want to sell to the hobbyist market and they're showing they understand
16 their target.
21 Philippe
22
23 ------
24 The trouble with common sense is that it is so uncommon.
25 <Anonymous>
26 --
27 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list