From: "Dennis.Yxun" <dennis.yxun@×××××.com>
To: beagleboard@××××××××××××.com, gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] Make BeagleBoard breathe as Gentoo's way
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 05:09:06
1 Dear Community:
2 Forgive me for cross post this into two communities, but I think both
3 people may interest in this.
4 Here I spent a few times to try to bring up gentoo with beagleboard
5 hardware. My prime intention
6 was to leverage the gentoo's goodies, and prove it working under BB. The
7 difficulty is far less than I expected.
8 Adn The story is quite straight forward, generate the toolchain, build
9 rootfs and run it ~
10 Most of my patches are pull from OE's repository.
11 And I borrow a lot from gentoo-openmoko poject. Must thank people from
12 gentoo-openmoko
13 and gentoo-embedded, your great work make this porting quite esay.
14
15 For people who want to try this, can always checkout overlay from git://
16 github.com/esuie/gentoo-beagle.git
17 and follow the instructions in file BUILD.
18 Note, it's just a proven working version, quite primary. em.. should say
19 still in stage1, won't have many features
20 so don't expect too much :_P
21
22 Dennis