From: "Kurt E. Kiefer" <kekiefer@××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] ffmpeg, susv3 math, and uclibc
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 16:00:28
1 I'm going to fork a new thread since this is a little off-topic from Heath's
2 howto post. The link from gentoo-wiki mentions mplayer and xine-lib.
3
4 Quoting Heath Holcomb <liquidcable@×××××.com>:
5
6 > I too am working with a VIA based SBCs. A CLE266 version, CL10000; and a
7 > CN400 based one.
8 >
9 > If you ever want the hardware mpeg2 decoding take a look at
10 > http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Unichrome
11
12 I was unsuccessful in getting xine-lib, or more specifically certain mpeg codecs
13 that use lrintf and other susv3 math, to run under uclibc. This does break
14 xine-lib completely. Because these math functions are part of uclibc headers,
15 programs that reference them compile fine, but ultimately symbols can't be
16 resolved at runtime since definitions don't actually exist in the .so.
17
18 A possible solution might be taking out the declarations from the math header so
19 ffmpeg uses its own definitions of the functions it wants. I spent a while on
20 this problem and tried to recompile libm with lrint and lrintf definitions, but
21 then it broke on another math function so I threw in the towel.
22
23 Maybe I'm missing something. Has anyone else had luck here?
24
25 Kurt
28 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list