From: Quentin Arce <qarce@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] How to start?
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 18:35:07
1 --- Carsten Salveter <gentoo@××××××××××××××.com>
2 wrote:
3 > stephane ancelot schrieb:
4 >
5 > Hi Stephane,
8 > > Hi,
9 > > I would tell it depends on your application needds
10 > :
13 > > is it a network or automation or other application
14 > ?
17 > I want ro create a control system for an industrial
18 > application. The
19 > system has to check an control some parameters from
20 > RS232 and LPT Port.
21 > Maybe USB support in the future. Some parameters has
22 > to be visualized on
23 > a lvds display.
24 >
25 > Network is not needed for the first time, maybe in
26 > the future.
27 >
28 > > need for X11 ?
29 > Yes, or do you habe an other idea to feed a lvds
30 > display?
33 There is an embedded version of X11... I can't recall
34 the name of the project... Try google.com
35
36 > > do you need a write access in the targetted file
37 > system ?
38 >
39 > Yes, I guess that's may be a problem for the flash
40 > memory. I have to
41 > store some parameters from my applicaton. At the
42 > moment
43 > I have no idea how to do that without to crash the
44 > flash.
45
46 Split the flash. Then at boot time from the gnap
47 method, mount the read/write partition under some
48 known location. Then have your apps load and store
49 data to that second partition.
50
51 If it's an MTD device, add or check support for it in
52 the kernel then look at using jffs2
53
54 Q
59 > > Best Regards
60 > > Steph
63 > regards
64 > Carsten
65 >
66 > --
67 > gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list
74 Do you Yahoo!?
75 Yahoo! Small Business - Try our new resources site!
76 http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/resources/
77 --
78 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list