From: Rahul <rahul.thakur@×××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] newbie: How to get started with PDA development
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2004 10:40:30
1 Hi All,
2
3 I am an absolute n00b with respect to Embedded development and I have been
4 googl'ing for some days now to find some starters resources for getting
5 started with embedded development but not happy with results.
6
7 I have a few queries:
8 (1) How can I set up my gentoo installation for embedded development ? Does
9 gentoo comes with embedded development tools ?
10
11 (2) Where can I find literature to get started with embedded development on
12 linux ? Where can I get tools and manuals ?
13
14 (3) I am interested in developing for handhelds/PDAs using linux as an OS.
15 Are there any emulators available that I can set up to develop for a
16 particular target device ?
17
18 Please don't flame me if this is not the right mailing list or starting
19 point for beginner. I would be happy to consolidate notes that I can gather
20 from here into some thing useful for beginners like myself and contribute
21 back to the gentoo-embedded. Appreciate all suggestions.
22
23 Look forward to hear.
24
25 cheers,