From: wireless <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] [embedded] first step in programming geode target
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 14:01:42
1 esa wrote:
2 > Dear users,
3 >
4 > It's my first step to program a embedded system.
5 > It's a industrial PC with a compact flash. On this compact flash, I put
6 > uclibc + busybox.
7 > So, I think, it is not a cross-development.
8 >
9 > Until now, I program on DOS system with a IDE like BORLAND CPP.
10 > I think, it is not possible to use such IDE on linux under a terminal
11 > session ( so without using X, KDE, Gnome ).
12 >
13 > I read, that CODE::blocks is a good IDE.
14 > My question :
15 > - Do I install the GNOME, X Windows or KDE for using CODE::block ? What is
16 > the best ?
17 > - For my target, I use uclibc. Must I install code block under my CHOST (
18 > where I install uclibc ). Or maybee it is not necessary.
19 > - In this case, must I configure CODE::block to use uclibc ?
20 > -Is it something important to configure in MAKE.CONF ?
21 > - my target is a Industrial PC with a GEODE processor.
22 > I know, it is a lot of questions
23 > Is it a document, where I can find what I can use and how to configure ?
24 > Thanks again for your help.
25 > Regards
26 > Eric
29 Hello Eric,
32 Here is an excellent place to start reading:
35 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/embedded/handbook/index.xml
38 hth,
39 James