From: Jason <gentoo@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: g-e docs update was: Re: [gentoo-embedded] xmake ARCH options
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 20:34:24
1 Philippe Bertin wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > Regarding
5 >
6 >> I believe you mean xkmake. The list of canonicalized machine names is
7 >> not the same as the linux kernel ARCH.
10 > I tend to agree with J-C in saying that
11 >
12 >>> It might be worth adding a note to the documentation
13 >>> http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/embedded/cross-development.xml#xkmake
14 >>>
15 >>> explaining these and other exceptions.
16 >>>
17 > as I fought the same battle recently :) All this while being quite
18 > impressed on the overall quality of the Gentoo documentation.
19
20 While I agree with your sentiment, I've seen several requests to update
21 this doc, including mine, all to no avail. Which isn't a big deal, the
22 author obviously isn't involved with it anymore. Which is why I said
23 the following:
24
25 Jason wrote:
26 > I don't think the author is around or actively maintaining that page.
27 > fwiw, I think editing the page at g-w.c [1] might be easier. At least
28 > there'll be a collection of info in one spot based on user experience
29 > for a future author of official gentoo docs to work off of. :-)
30 [snip]
31 > [1] - http://gentoo-wiki.com/Embedded_Gentoo
32
33 As much as I hate web2.0 crap, I've found wiki's to be indispensable for
34 overcoming this exact problem.
35
36 thx,
37