From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded <gentoo-embedded@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] CellPhone Hacking
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 04:32:32
1 So I've had a fun past few weeks.
2
3 I've had a HTC Wizard (arm926ej-s) phone for a while now that runs
4 Windows Mobile 5. It's a nice little piece of hardware but it's WM5
5 based so... A user joins the #gentoo-embedded channel asking for
6 some help a few weeks ago saying he is trying to get linux running
7 on the Wizard. I kinda laugh to myself. The user comes back a day
8 or two later and is still working on it. We talk for a little while
9 and he suggests I join #linwizard. Everything went downhill from
10 there. Before I knew it I was completely redoing the entire
11 userland and hacking up touchscreen ebuilds, keywording for ~arm
12 left and right and making current gpe overlay ebuilds that
13 cross compile. Anyway it's been going good and we just have a
14 little more hardware to figure out before we can completely replace
15 the WM5 image. I now have 423 pkgs cross compiled for
16 armv5te-softfloat-linux-gnueabi.
17
18 Attached are few screen shots.
21 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>