From: Marc Blumentritt <marc.blumentritt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] Re: Problem with ROOT
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 20:03:20
1 Jason schrieb:
2
3 >>> So, if it doesn't see zlib.h in /usr/include/, it's going to try to
4 >>> install sys-libs/zlib in '/'. If sys-libs/zlib is also an RDEPEND for
5 >>> your pkg, it will need to be installed to $ROOT also. Most likely you
6 >>> only need the shared libraries in ROOT, eg 'libz.so*'. You should be
7 >>> able to delete the includes and static libs from $ROOT (*.h,*.a,*.la)
8 >>> since those are only used for building. At least, that works for me :-)
9 >> I will try this and clean up my system. I will see, if this works.
10 >
11 > You should be able to use your BINDDIR trick on usr/{include,src},
12 > however, static libs are in the same directories as shared libs. I
13 > usually do a:
14 >
15 > find ${TGTROOT}/ -name "*.a" -print >>${file_list}
16 > find ${TGTROOT}/ -name "*.la" -print >>${file_list}
17 >
18 > You could also replace '-print' with '-exec rm -f {} ';'' but I like to
19 > print out the list first, and hit a key to confirm.
22 Nice tip. But could please help me out again. I need some clarification
23 about static libs and how they are used. AFAIK you can compile binaries
24 either static, which would include all needed libs into the binary, or
25 you compile with shared libs, which are pulled in at runtime. Could you
26 explain why, why there are static libs? Are they needed as build time
27 dependencies, when you compile static bins?
28
29 Regards,
30 Marc
33 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list