From: Joakim Tjernlund <joakim.tjernlund@×××××××××.se>
To: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] beginnings of autotools in openssl
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 20:54:00
Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote on 2011/05/25 21:21:18:
> > On Tuesday, May 24, 2011 17:22:23 Joakim Tjernlund wrote: > > So I started to add autotools to openssl, was harder than I figured and I > > didn't get too far. Anyhow I thought I post what I got so far for other to > > either work on or comment on. > > i started such a project about 3 years ago, but ultimately gave up on it (i do > still have the local code though). since i rewrote the logic in the ebuild to > support cross-compiling (via $FILESDIR/gentoo.config), i'm not aware of the > ebuild not properly building for any target. > > the killer for us now is cross-compiling perl. i started hacking at that, but > then got distracted by other things. that patch though is here: > svn://wh0rd.org/perl/libperl.patch > and there is bug 134650 ...
Yeah, seen that patch. Benn looking at that myself many yers ago but didn't get very far. I spent some more time at my openssl auto* work again and now I am very close. It builds but I got some of the config options work so it wont link with my app yet. Still only the ssl/ and crypto/ dirs done. apps/ test/ and tools/ not so, these are not needed so I will skip these. No assembler code either but PPC doesn't use any so am good anyway