From: wireless <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] NSLU2 as a DNS server
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 14:39:55
Hello,

It looks to me as though the NSLU2 (32 meg of ram) is short on
ram to act as a DNS primary/secondary server on a small single
static IP network.

1. Is there anyone that has successfully put more than 32 M of
ram on a NSLU2 device? Anyone know where I can purchase one
with at least 128 if not 256M ram?

http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/FattenYourSlug

2. Would there be any problem installing DJBDNS on this this
device? Would any of the other necessary software for a DNS
primary, be a problem?

3. Any other c library issues in running one of these computers
as a dns server?

4. I found this link:
http://gentoo-wiki.com/HARDWARE_Linksys_NSLU2

any other useful links for low_cost  gentoo(embedded-gentoo)
computers that have sufficient resources to be a dns server
for a small network, are of interest to me.

curiously,

James