From: Chris PeBenito <pebenito@g.o>
To: Embedded Gentoo Mail List <gentoo-embedded@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] Welcome
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 20:52:33
1 Again, welcome to everybody.
2
3 If you haven't looked at the rudimentary project page:
4 http://dev.gentoo.org/~pebenito/embedded.html
5
6 I added a subproject about real time systems, as suggested by someone in
7 the IRC channel. Please glance over the subproject listings, and we'd
8 like to know if you have further suggestions.
9
10 As I see it now, the first thing we need to tackle is the building. We
11 need to get cross compilers going. Kumba has been doing some work on
12 that recently, but is currently buried under a pile of classwork. If
13 you're interested in helping him out, drop him an email. So when he
14 gets through with his other responsibilities, hopefully we can get some
15 stuff going.
16
17 We're kicking around the idea of creating profile(s) for the systems,
18 which would obviously have the bare minimum for operation and would be
19 using uClibc.
20
21 I'd really like to have some brainstorming, since we're just starting
22 out. So I encourage everyone to bring forward their ideas.
25 Chris PeBenito
26 <pebenito@g.o>
27 Developer, SELinux
28 Hardened Gentoo Linux
29 Embedded Gentoo Linux
30
31 Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xE6AF9243
32 Key fingerprint = B0E6 877A 883F A57A 8E6A CB00 BC8E E42D E6AF 9243