From: Chris PeBenito <pebenito@g.o>
To: Embedded Gentoo Mail List <gentoo-embedded@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] Welcome
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 20:52:33
Again, welcome to everybody.

If you haven't looked at the rudimentary project page:
http://dev.gentoo.org/~pebenito/embedded.html

I added a subproject about real time systems, as suggested by someone in
the IRC channel.  Please glance over the subproject listings, and we'd
like to know if you have further suggestions.

As I see it now, the first thing we need to tackle is the building.  We
need to get cross compilers going.  Kumba has been doing some work on
that recently, but is currently buried under a pile of classwork.  If
you're interested in helping him out, drop him an email.  So when he
gets through with his other responsibilities, hopefully we can get some
stuff going.

We're kicking around the idea of creating profile(s) for the systems,
which would obviously have the bare minimum for operation and would be
using uClibc.

I'd really like to have some brainstorming, since we're just starting
out.  So I encourage everyone to bring forward their ideas.

--
Chris PeBenito
<pebenito@g.o>

Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xE6AF9243
Key fingerprint = B0E6 877A 883F A57A 8E6A  CB00 BC8E E42D E6AF 9243