From: "Сергей Миронов" <ierton@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] sparcv8 gcc
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 12:30:26
1 2009/6/23 wireless <wireless@×××××××××××.com>:
2 > óÅÒÇÅÊ íÉÒÏÎÏ× wrote:
3 >>>> http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.4.0/gcc/SPARC-Options.html#SPARC-Options
4 >>>> You'll need to use -mno-fpu on the CFLAGS. And again, the -softfloat-
5 >>>> thing on the CHOST is gentoo-specific and only applies to ARM.
6 >
7 >>> Thanks! i'll try it as soon as i can.
8 >
9 >> Hi.
10 >> man gcc says about -mno-fpu in SPARC section that š"... you need to
11 >> compile libgcc.a, the library that comes with GCC, with -msoft-float
12 >> in order for this to work". So i try that:
13 >
14 > Well, I'm not up on the sparc architecture. But, maybe there
15 > are different versions of the sparc chipsets that have different
16 > hardware (read some with fpu some without). I know that
17 > is true amongst the Arm chipsets. Maybe a little research to
18 > actually verify that the Sparc chipset you are compiling
19 > on, actually has a fully functional FPU or not needs clarification?
20 > Furthermore, if this is a Motherboard from SUN or a sparc clone
21 > vendor, the FPU might be a separate, discreet chip....who knows....
22 >
23 > In the old days, Solbourne, Tatung and Sun all did funky things
24 > with the Sparc Architecture...... I think the Euro Space agency
25 > even designed and built some sparc chipsets. If they are on a FPGA,
26 > who knows the details of some funky SOC design. That may or maynot
27 > be the source of your issues.
30 > just a thought,
31 > hth,
34 > James
37 Mmm, iam using FPGA emulation board ML402 with LEON3 cpu and
38 Gaisler's IP-blocks. There is no FPU, because FPU is not for free:)
39 I have some old splack distribution (from older colleges, i don't know
40 where they find it:) Splack runs fine, but there is no toolchain and
41 that's why it is hard to install modern software on top of it..
44 Thanks,
45 Sergey