From: Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] arm router with 3 ports
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2010 17:04:29
1 On 01/04/2010 13:57, wireless wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I'm looking for an arm based router that easily runs
5 > embedded gentoo with at least 3 (100 Mbps speed ok) ethernet
6 > ports.
7 >
8 > I'm going to get 3 to teach a couple of teenagers (oh boy)
9 > how to build and maintain their own router. Sooooooo any
10 > suggestions that simply this embedded gentoo effort, are
11 > most welcome. Raw iptables is what I'm use to using.
12 > A wireless port would be good but not required.
16 It's not ARM based, but the Alix boards are incredibly cheap ($100) and
17 come in a 3 port configuration. Loads of horsepower and adequate RAM
18
19 I can't think of a 3 port ARM board off the top of my head, but without
20 looking I think that the Linksys and DLink "linux friendly" routers are
21 MIPS based?
22
23 Is the ARM choice optional? Scan: http://www.linuxfordevices.com/
24