From: Hugo Melo <hugo.melo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] x86 Embedded howto - Gentooized html page
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 19:30:41
1 You can compile the kernel out of de chroot if you dont found the patch..
2 I did a patch, but i deleted his.
3
4 2005/10/5, Marius Schäfer <mschaefer@×××××××.de>:
5 > Hi David,
6 >
7 > On Wednesday 05 October 2005 20:20, David F. Newman wrote:
8 > > On Sunday 02 October 2005 22:42, Heath Holcomb wrote:
9 > > > I've created a Gentooized page based on the "Documentation Development
10 > > > Tips & Tricks" at
11 > > > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/gdp/doc/doc-tipsntricks.xml
12 > > >
13 > > > Direct link
14 > > > http://www.bulah.com/embedded-guide.html
15 > > >
16 > > > It's based on v0.08, v0.09 is in the works. I'm also looking to getting
17 > > > an ARM (xscale) board and setting up a cross dev, and of course creating
18 > > > a how-to based on the ARM like I've done for the x86.
19 > >
20 > > I followed these instructions and it works up to the point where I
21 > > configure the kernel. make menuconfig dies with libintl.h not found. I
22 > > looked outside of the chrooted build directory and it looks like it is part
23 > > of glibc. So how does make menuconfig work with uclibc?
24 >
25 > I've asked this question, too. There should be a kernel patch available on
26 > this list. Haven't searched for it, yet.
27 >
28 > Marius
31 > > Thanks.
32 > >
33 > > -Dave N.
34 > --
35 > gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list
41 -- Hugo Melo
42 "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd
43 all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to
44 repetitive electronic music." (Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc. 1989)
47 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list