From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] How do you build your systems?
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 04:37:36
1 * Nico Erfurth <ne@×××××××××××.de> schrieb:
2
3 Hi,
4
5 > What do you use?
6
7 I've got my own embedded/cross buildsystem (called "Briegel").
8 It has almost as long history as ebuild/emerge, it can fetch
9 and build whole distros completely automatically, but there
10 are some fundamental differences:
11
12 * it's *ALWAYS* crosscompiling (there is no native build)
13 * it can produce lots of different binpkg formats
14 * instead of "useflags" we've got feature switches
15 * package profiles are simple property lists, instead of shell
16 scripts (which also makes it *much* faster than emerge).
17 * tarballs and patches are fetched from distro-agnostic sources
18 (CSDB and OSS-QM)
19
20 Briegel is an commercial (non-OSS) product, but you may get an
21 free evolution copy. Feel free to contact me personally, if
22 you're interested.
25 cu
26 --
28 Enrico Weigelt == metux IT service - http://www.metux.de/
30 Please visit the OpenSource QM Taskforce:
31 http://wiki.metux.de/public/OpenSource_QM_Taskforce
32 Patches / Fixes for a lot dozens of packages in dozens of versions:
33 http://patches.metux.de/
35 --
36 gentoo-embedded@l.g.o mailing list