From: David Relson <relson@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded <gentoo-embedded@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] msp4300 toolchain
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 04:33:30
G'day,

I'd like to do some development with TI's msp430 processors.  As a
starting point I've got the TI LaunchPad which has an msp430g2231.

As best I can tell, there seem to be 3 paths to a toolchain:
   1 - crossdev - with an appropriate tuple, for example
      a - "crossdev -t msp430"
      b - "crossdev -t msp430-none-none-uclibc"
   2 - portage to emerge dev-embedded/msp430*
   3 - sourceforge's mspgcc project

I could go into the difficulties I've encountered with each of the
above, but I don't want to overload this message and bore everyone.

So the questions are:

Is anybody on this list doing msp430 development/experimentation? Has
one of the above paths been found to work?  If so, which one?

Thank you.

David