From: David Relson <relson@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded <gentoo-embedded@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] msp4300 toolchain
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 04:33:30
1 G'day,
2
3 I'd like to do some development with TI's msp430 processors. As a
4 starting point I've got the TI LaunchPad which has an msp430g2231.
5
6 As best I can tell, there seem to be 3 paths to a toolchain:
7 1 - crossdev - with an appropriate tuple, for example
8 a - "crossdev -t msp430"
9 b - "crossdev -t msp430-none-none-uclibc"
10 2 - portage to emerge dev-embedded/msp430*
11 3 - sourceforge's mspgcc project
12
13 I could go into the difficulties I've encountered with each of the
14 above, but I don't want to overload this message and bore everyone.
15
16 So the questions are:
17
18 Is anybody on this list doing msp430 development/experimentation? Has
19 one of the above paths been found to work? If so, which one?
20
21 Thank you.
22
23 David