From: "Peter S. Mazinger" <ps.m@×××.net>
To: Brian Jackson <iggy@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] Re: list of packages that don't seem to build shared libs correctly
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 21:33:58
1 On Tue, 21 Sep 2004, Brian Jackson wrote:
2
3 > Recently ran into a few packages that are building the .a files just fine,
4 > but the .so files aren't getting built for some reason. Did some
5 > backtracking, etc. with the geniuoses in #gentoo-embedded, and figured out
6 > what the problem was. This is a list of the packages on my system that
7 > installed a .a file but not a .so file (obviously there will be more since
8 > this system has barely any packages beyond world).
9 >
10 > --Iggy
11 >
12 > sys-devel/flex-2.5.4a-r5
13 > dev-libs/libmcrypt-2.5.7
14 > dev-libs/expat-1.95.7-r1
15 > sys-libs/gdbm-1.8.3-r1
16 > app-crypt/mhash-0.9.1
17 > net-libs/c-client-2002e-r2
18 > media-libs/freetype-2.1.5-r1
19 > media-libs/jpeg-6b-r3
20
21 flex does not build any as I recall.
22
23 The others have to be patched like the sys-apps/file package (ltconfig,
24 configure or similar) to recognize *-linux-uclibc* as a valid shared libs
25 supporting arch.
26 If you are running ./configure for a specific package, check that shared
27 libs are possible.
28 I would add these patches to elibtoolize --uclibc (for ex.), because
29 almost all shared libs are involved.
30
31 Peter
34 Peter S. Mazinger <ps dot m at gmx dot net> ID: 0xA5F059F2
35 Key fingerprint = 92A4 31E1 56BC 3D5A 2D08 BB6E C389 975E A5F0 59F2
39 Miert fizetsz az internetert? Korlatlan, ingyenes internet hozzaferes a FreeStarttol.
40 Probald ki most! http://www.freestart.hu
43 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list