From: Chris PeBenito <pebenito@g.o>
To: jwsacksteder@××××××××××××.com, Roland Philippsen <roland.philippsen@××××.ch>
Cc: Embedded Gentoo Mail List <gentoo-embedded@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] status of project
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2003 12:06:19
On Sun, 2003-12-07 at 09:38, jwsacksteder@××××××××××××.com wrote:
> I have been unable to locate a page describing the current status of the > embedded project. If someone can point me to that, my questions may > unnecessary.
The the Embedded project is a subproject of the base-system top level project. However, the base-system project doesn't have a project page yet, so there is no direct link to the project page yet. http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/embedded/ Right now we're not far enough along to have any offerings. Right now the majority of the work is on the cross compiler creation script crossdev (sys-devel/crossdev), and the uClibc toolchain. Other stuff that needs work right now is creation of a baselayout-lite, and we also want to make sure we can set up an appropriate portage environment for all this, too. -- Chris PeBenito <pebenito@g.o> Developer, Hardened Gentoo Linux Embedded Gentoo Linux Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xE6AF9243 Key fingerprint = B0E6 877A 883F A57A 8E6A CB00 BC8E E42D E6AF 9243