From: wireless <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] GNAP status
Date: Fri, 09 May 2008 17:34:06
1 shawnzier@×××××.com wrote:
2 > On Fri, May 09, 2008 at 11:35:47AM -0400, wireless wrote:
3 >> Googling shows lots of discussions related to "summer of code"
4 >> under the moniker "GNAP Love" but nothing I've read talks
5 >> about when it will be update for i586 based older PCs?
6 >
7 > James,
8 >
9 > http://www.gentoo.org/news/en/gmn/20080424-newsletter.xml
10 >
11 > It looks like it's a summer of code project. Maybe you can email the
12 > mentor on the project and see exactly what their plans are.
13 >
14 > Shawn
17 Yea I saw that Andrey Falko has a summer of code helper. I'm sure they
18 will announce results when they have something to show. I thought I'd
19 remembered somebody else saying that they had recently done some work
20 on GNAP, although I could not locate that thread. Sometimes it takes
21 folks a day or two to get around to answering on this list, so I was
22 just going to wait and see what folks respond with.
23
24 If all else fails, I'll ping Andrey
25 http://afalko.homelinux.net/
26
27 but there results will most likely not be available until late summer.
28
29 Besides, GNAP may be usable in it's current state with i586. I wish I
30 could locate that old thread.....
31
32 Looking one more time I did find this thread:
33
34 GNAP UPDATE 2/26/08 but there is nothing conclusive about using GNAP.
35 I guess GNAP is dead until the end of the summer (of code)?
39 James
42 gentoo-embedded@l.g.o mailing list