From: Natanael Copa <mlists@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] compiling openswan (workaround net-misc/host dependency)
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 10:43:19
1 Before I forget,
2
3 Emerge fails on net-misc/host when compiling openswan.
4
5 Host uses some funcs in libresolv that are not implemented in uclibc and
6 probably never will. I saw that it should be possible to link it
7 statically agains the bind code. But then, why not use the host program
8 that appears in bind-tools? So I changed the dependency from host to
9 bind-tools and openswan compiled happily.
10
11 I don't know why host is a dep or what in openswan that uses xhost
12 (net-misc/host) but it should be possible to use 'host'
13 (net-dns/bind-utils) instead.
14
15 - nat
18 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list