From: David Ford <david@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] C compiler cannot create executables
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 15:27:27
1 my apologies for the nearly blank reply, i was interrupted and needed
2 to leave quite promptly.
3
4 it looks like you have a variance in your toolchain. did you perhaps
5 rebuild your toolchain in parts? try re-emerging your entire arm tool
6 chain so your headers and libraries match up properly.
7
8 -david
9
10 Stephen Feyrer wrote:
11 > David Ford wrote:
12 >
13 >> [...]
14 >> configure:4191: checking for C compiler default output file name
15 >> configure:4213: armv5tel-softfloat-linux-gnueabi-gcc conftest.c
16 >> /usr/armv5tel-softfloat-linux-gnueabi/lib/libc-2.3.4.so >&5
17 >> /usr/armv5tel-softfloat-linux-gnueabi/lib/libc-2.3.4.so: undefined
18 >> reference to `_dl_out_of_memory@GLIBC_PRIVATE'
19 >> [...]
20 >> configure:4261: error: in `/root/dovecot/dovecot-1.2.3':
21 >> configure:4264: error: C compiler cannot create executables
25 > Sorry, I can only guess at what's going on here (except of cause that it
26 > doesn't work). I imagine from this excerpt of my config.log that it
27 > should be obvious and staring me in the face.
28 >
29 > If this has a specific mean that I should know, please tell me.
30 >
31 > Better yet, if there is away making my build environment target the host
32 > system with that version glibc, tell me that instead.
33 >
34 > Indeed all I really need to know is how to build a working version of
35 > dovecot for the qnap network attached storage device.
38 > --
39 > Hopefully yours
40 >
41 > Stephen.