From: Janusz Syrytczyk <jsyrytczyk@×××××××××.pl>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] arm router with 3 ports
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2010 21:03:00
1 > Hello,
2 >
3 > I'm looking for an arm based router that easily runs
4 > embedded gentoo with at least 3 (100 Mbps speed ok) ethernet
5 > ports.
6 >
7 > I'm going to get 3 to teach a couple of teenagers (oh boy)
8 > how to build and maintain their own router. Sooooooo any
9 > suggestions that simply this embedded gentoo effort, are
10 > most welcome. Raw iptables is what I'm use to using.
11 > A wireless port would be good but not required.
15 > James
18 Those routers are very famous in Europe, but also in AUstralia and now in
19 China, my company uses dozens of them, know people who have thousands):
20
21 http://routerboard.com/pricelist.php?started_from_home=1
22
23 I would use Gentoo on them if I had a reason, but those routers are just fine
24 (they include RouterOS, which is in many ways more advanced than many Cisco,
25 belive or not, I know what I'm saying). It is possible to boot openWRT also,
26 so Gentoo should be possible here too. They're based on Linux.
27
28 If you need 3 ports, just pick RB433 or RB433UAH - second has 680MHz, USB and
29 3 mPCI slots for WLAN or anything else.
30
31 JS