From: AJ Armstrong <aja@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Welcome
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 01:57:16
> Not all embedded systems have very tight space constraints. > I'm working on a system here that I'm going to have 64meg of flash for > the system. I don't need to get all that tight.
Well, maybe you don't but I do - and a defining characteristic of "Embedded Systems" is resource restriction. I'd personally be disappointed if we don't make an early commitment to strive to keep resource requirements on the base system as small as possible. That's not to say that I think we should force that on all people who use the system - but its an awful lot easier to add things to a minimalist system than to try and pare them away from a system that wasn't designed at the outset to be minimalist. -- ---------------------------------- aja@×××××××××××××.com www.clanarmstrong.com qui tacet consentire videtur -- gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list