From: Joe Sapp <nixphoeni@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Re: Problem with ROOT
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 11:25:17
1 Marc Blumentritt wrote:
2 > What's the best approach, if I want to use different CFLAGS (especially
3 > march)? Use PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT (and -b) for building packages and then
4 > use ROOT and PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT (and -K) for merging with the embedded
5 > system?
6
7 I don't see why you couldn't use a chroot with the right stage3
8 tarball. You could still build packages and merge them into a
9 separate ROOT this way.
10
11 > What about non-compilation stuff (e.g. passwd/shadow/group modifications
12 > or creation of dirs)? Is this done correctly if pre-built binary
13 > packages are used?
14
15 When I've done it, I've only had to create a few things. Portage will
16 take care of creating the necessary directories when using binary
17 packages too.
18
19 hth,
20