From: Jean-Claude Gervais <jc.gervais@×××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Compiling trivial app
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 01:20:32
1 On Thu, 2007-12-27 at 13:51 -0500, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 25 December 2007, KiberGus wrote:
3 > > 2007/12/24, Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>:
4 > > > On Wednesday 05 December 2007, Jean-Claude Gervais wrote:
5 > > > > I understand how to use crossdev to generate a toolchain and xmerge to
6 > > > > then build ebuilds for a target system, but what if I have a simple app
7 > > > > that is not distributed as an ebuild?
8 > > >
9 > > > it's all the same. compare & contrast:
10 > > >
11 > > > native: gcc helloworld.c -o helloworld
12 > > > cross: arm-unknown-linux-gnu-gcc helloworld.c -o helloworld
13 > > >
14 > > > there are no variables to setup. simply execute the proper compiler.
15 > > > -mike
16 > > >
17 > > > I think CC and CXX variables should be set to execute proper compiler.
18 > >
19 > > Something like:
20 > > СС=arm-unknown-linux-gnu-gcc make
21 >
22 > the poster did not indicate make was being used to manage his custom code. if
23 > it is, then setting CC/CXX variables is customary.
24 > -mike
25
26 Thank you, Mike.
27 I am using Imake.
28 I have found that setting a few variables in the host.def is enough to
29 enable all the Imake rules needed to build just about any project.
30
31 Thanks again.
35 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list