From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] uClibc/Gentoo/buildroot
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 17:37:15
For those of us that like coding more than talking I suggest we take a
serious look at Rob McMullen "uClibc with Gentoo Linux" site at
http://www.geocities.com/robm351/uclibc/

uClibc's buildroot might be the ideal place for us to start at.
One of things that I think were going to have to accept early on before
fully diving into embedded profiles support is that we are going to be
needing to lock exact versions of packages into profiles much more so
than default-x86-1.4.

From the pure amount of fundamental changes that are going to be needed
in portage I also suggest that somebody from the dev-portage herd join
the embedded herd or vice versa to help facilitate faster portage
commits in directory's such as /home/cvsroot/gentoo-src/portage/bin
which currently seem to take about 30 or more days from when something
is reported.

--
Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
Gentoo Linux Developer