From: Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] multi-project workflow
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2012 18:05:31
1 On 05/03/2012 22:29, Bertrand Jacquin wrote:
2 > I also have many patched ebuilds but I try to report them in gentoo
3 > bugzilla to keep things maintained and so people can benefit.
4
5 Agreed - most such patches are usually more customisations of specific
6 things to the environment, eg I change the dnsmasq default timeouts to
7 better suit my environment. Also it can take a little while for changes
8 to be accepted or whatever
9
10 > Why not using epatch_user in a generic (profile or bashrc) post_src_prepare() ?
11 >
12 > function post_src_prepare()
13 > {
14 > function inherit() { : ; }
15 >
16 > . ${PORTDIR}/eclass/eutils
17 > }
20 That seems neat - however, wouldn't you also need to wrap it to prevent
21 it being applied twice by ebuilds which already run epatch_user?
22
23 Actually, can you explain how inherit works in this context? I'm not
24 sure I understand?
25
26 Thanks
27