From: Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] multi-project workflow
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2012 18:05:31
On 05/03/2012 22:29, Bertrand Jacquin wrote:
> I also have many patched ebuilds but I try to report them in gentoo > bugzilla to keep things maintained and so people can benefit.
Agreed - most such patches are usually more customisations of specific things to the environment, eg I change the dnsmasq default timeouts to better suit my environment. Also it can take a little while for changes to be accepted or whatever
> Why not using epatch_user in a generic (profile or bashrc) post_src_prepare() ? > > function post_src_prepare() > { > function inherit() { : ; } > > . ${PORTDIR}/eclass/eutils > } >
That seems neat - however, wouldn't you also need to wrap it to prevent it being applied twice by ebuilds which already run epatch_user? Actually, can you explain how inherit works in this context? I'm not sure I understand? Thanks Ed W