From: wireless <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] Re: cell for embedded gentoo
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 12:36:37
1 wireless wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I'm planning on getting a cell phone so I can put openmoko
5 > or embedded Gentoo on it. I live in Florida and
6 > I think T mobile is the only operator for such phones.
7 >
8 > Is this (Android) phone going to be to be converted to
9 > embedded Gentoo in a reasonable fashion?
12 > If not, I'm looking for a 'turnkey' purchase that either
13 > comes with egentoo or that can be installed with
14 > embedded gentoo.
17 > Any suggestions are most welcome, as this is my first
18 > effort to do this, so minimal pain is of keen interest.
21 > Jumbo fonts (for us older folks) that hate glasses
22 > is a big issue for me.
26 Oops, here's the link to a new phone. How would I find
27 out if embedded gentoo can be installed on this phone?
31 http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/TMobile-HTC-MyTouch-3G-launch/?kc=LXDEMNL071509