From: Alon Bar-Lev <alon.barlev@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] busybox config with openrc
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 18:36:47
Last time I checked it needed nothing, but it was long ago.
Just disable the start-stop-daemon of busybox and use the one of openrc.
Of course you need to hack the init configuration, as baselayout won't
work with busybox's init and set up mdev service replacement  instead
of udev services.

I think that most of the packages you listed are not required for
regular configuration (minimal).