From: Martin Gysel <m.gysel@×××.ch>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] locales / sandbox violations
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 11:03:12
1 Hi
2
3 I installed a dev chroot on 2 different systems each, both x64, one
4 gentoo, one ubuntu as host. in both chroots I created a x-compiler using
5 crossdev. in the first one I downloaded a prebuilt armv5tel stage and
6 rebuilt it so it uses my USE flags using the x-compiler and qemu
7 (depending on pkg). everything went fine so far. in the second chroot I
8 used the binpkg from the first one to set up the arm sysroot/root. now
9 if I chroot into the sysroot on the second using qemu I get some access
10 violations from the sandbox:
11 ACCESS DENIED open_wr: /dev/null
12 /usr/lib/portage/bin/ebuild.sh: line 1558: /dev/null: Permission denied
13 <snip>
14 --------------------------- ACCESS VIOLATION SUMMARY
15 ---------------------------
16 LOG FILE "/var/log/sandbox/sandbox-10088.log"
17
18 VERSION 1.0
19 FORMAT: F - Function called
20 FORMAT: S - Access Status
21 FORMAT: P - Path as passed to function
22 FORMAT: A - Absolute Path (not canonical)
23 FORMAT: R - Canonical Path
24 FORMAT: C - Command Line
25
26 F: open_wr
27 S: deny
28 P: /dev/null
29 A: /dev/null
30 R: /dev/null
31 C: /qemu-wrapper -cpu arm926 /bin/bash /usr/lib/portage/bin/ebuild.sh unpack
32
33 after some googling I found a forum thread saying it's a locale issue.
34 so I tried to play with the locale settings. now depending on the locale
35 it stop at different stages during emerge. switching of the sandbox also
36 works... (which I sometimes need to do anyway as the there's a
37 sandbox/qemu 'malloc' issue)
38 has someone experienced a similar behavior or knows a solution for this?
39 does it help if I try to rebuild everything with my 'new' locale
40 settings? can it be a problem to have not set the same locales in the
41 'sysroot/qemu chroot' than for the x-compiler?
42
43 btw, the glibc natively built using qemu dosen't work but the x-compiled
44 works fine...
45
46 thanks
47 martin