From: Angelo Arrifano <miknix@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Cc: Christopher Friedt <chrisfriedt@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] klibc / splash for arm
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 18:02:31
1 Christopher Friedt wrote:
2 > Hmm...
3 >
4 > On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 7:41 PM, Angelo Arrifano <miknix@g.o> wrote:
5 >> Indeed, we applied the fbcondecor kernel patch and built the splashutils
6 >> a while ago. We then stopped using it because it didn't work with
7 >> console rotation.
8 >
9 > Is there already an irq / callback in the linwizard kernel for
10 > triggering framebuffer rotation when GPIO 174 is low ?
11
12 Yes, I'm pretty sure the slide switch is attached to a GPIO.
13
14 Anyway, we are currently trying to move our codebase into 2.6.30, so I'd
15 say the rotation switch is very low priority :P
16 >
17 > Or is framebuffer rotation generally non-functional on the omap850 ?
18 >
19 > I'm sure I could take a look at it if it's still not implimented ...
20 > (err... the gpio part... if framebuffer console rotation doesn't work
21 > already, I might pass on that due to lack of time).
22
23 Yes, we don't support it in linwizard yet. I'm thinking in gpio-buttons
24 and a userspace script??
25
26 What didn't work was doing a
27 echo 1 > /sys/class/fbcon/something/rotate
28 The console could rotate but fbcondecor seemed to be unaware of new
29 framebuffer size and rendered the decorations all fscked up.
30 - Angelo