From: Steev Klimaszewski <steev@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Arm based netbook?
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2011 18:05:26
On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 12:12 PM, wireless <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
> On 10/05/11 13:06, wireless wrote: >> Hello, >> Anyone set up embedded linux on an ARM (A8 or A9) >> based chip? > > Sorry for being unclear: > Anyone set up embedded Gentoo on an ARM (A8 or A9) > based netbook? ( > > Asus Eee Transformer or such?) > If so which make or model? > > Caveats? > > >> Anyone working on an early version of the A15 chip >> with embedded linux? > >> If so, got any notes or information related to >> the installation process? > > > James > > >
I do, on my EfikaMX smartbook, the only caveats being that some parts are non-free, though I have sources, so I need to re-write the ebuilds and build the tarballs for it still. I've been installing gnome 3.2 on there, so it's going a bit slow at the moment. One caveat of using a "modern" desktop-y system is that consolekit seems to need CONFIG_AUDITSYSCALL which doesn't exist for ARM devices yet. -- Best Regards, Steev Steev Klimaszewski <steev@××××××××××.com> Senior Software Engineer, Genesi USA, Inc.