From: "Lutz Schönemann" <lutz.schoenemann@××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] Building Crosscompiler for Embedded System
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 09:34:08
1 Hi,
2 I've problems building an working Cross-Compiler to use it for an i386
3 embedded system. Until now I've tried the following two things:
4
5 - Using crossdev:
6 The crossdev script worked fine and installed the whole toolchain
7 (stage4: binutils, gcc, linux-headers, etc.). The trouble is that when I
8 want to merge a packege with this compiler (e.g.: CFLAGS="-arch=i386"
9 ROOT=/tmp/cross/ CHOST=i386-unknown-linux-gnu emerge sys-boot/syslinux)
10 it ends up with the message that the compiler is unable to build
11 executables.
12
13 - Building toolchain manually:
14 I tried to build a crosscompile-toolchain manually following this HOWTO:
15 http://dev.gentoo.org/~vapier/CROSS-COMPILE-HOWTO
16 I have done every step and no errors until step 5. The merge process
17 terminated with this message:
18
19 grep: ${top_srcdir}/../gcc/version.c: No such file or directory
20 /usr/i386-unknown-linux-gnu/bin/ld: crt1.o: No such file: No such file
21 or directory
22 collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
23 configure: error: unknown endianess - sorry
24
25 All the Warnings/Errors I have pasted at:
26 http://nopaste.easy-coding.de/?id=404
29 Thanks for help
30
31 Lutz Schönemann