From: Alon Bar-Lev <alon.barlev@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Openmoko - Almost there...
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 00:27:03
1 On Sat, Mar 7, 2009 at 3:11 PM, Sven Rebhan <odinshorse@××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Could you please also add tickets to the trac at gentoo.mindzoo.de!? I
3 > would love to put the stuff into the overlay until it is accepted
4 > upstream. This gives wider testing and helps anyone trying to
5 > currently use the phone.
6
7 Sure...
8 But after last update from head of all components the framework and
9 shr stopped working...
10 I am investigating.
11
12 > Did you need to change something or does it work straight forward?
13
14 No...
15 The framework is totally unsecured... It allows access to all resources
16 via the dbus.
17
18 >> Questions:
19 >> 1. How do you start the X automatically? Do you use xdm or your own
20 >> version which calls startx?
21 >
22 > There are two possibilities. Because right now I don't use a DM, I use
23 > the xserver-nodm start script of the xglamo package.  Another way is
24 > to use e.g. slim (http://slim.berlios.de/) and do an autologin.
25
26 I use xorg, is there any reason why use the xglamo?
27 The slim solution works great! I can autologon to the unpriv user, this
28 is great!
29
30 Thanks!
31 Alon.