From: Justin Cormack <justin@×××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Need Assistance with PPC System Build
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2014 22:59:53
1 On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 3:40 AM, Yury German
2 <BlueKnight@××××××××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > Hello All,
4 >
5 > I need to create a Gentoo Install for a PPC based chipset (e300 and e500v2), would QEMU be good enough to be able to create a build to be deployed on the actual embedded hardware?
6 >
7 > Can someone point to any resources on create the appropriate build in QEMU or any other emulation?
8 >
9 > Also does anyone know of any companies that make a Single Board computer with these chipsets for development purposes?
10
11 I use an old powerpc mac - they are well supported by Linux and cheap.
12
13 Another option is to sign up to the IBM partner program (free) - they
14 have (fast) powerpc machines available running Redhat which you can
15 use for free, with root access.
16
17 Justin