From: Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] sysvinit: sanetime for boards without an rtc?
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 15:36:07
On 28/07/2011 14:28, Christopher Friedt wrote:
> Apparently though, a similar mechanism already exists for OpenRC > called swclock instead of hwclock, and they said I should just do > this: > > rc-update del hwclock boot > rc-update add swclock boot
You beat me too it! Yes, this just bumps the clock forward monotonically. Usually this is a useful improvement, but you may also need a cron job to touch your clock file if you don't expect the shutdown script to run... Openrc has quite a few nice tweaks tucked away in it. Worth looking through the more obscure options Cheers Ed W