From: Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] GPS board
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 15:06:20
1 On 14/04/2012 19:34, wireless wrote:
2 > So, I'm looking at options to build/hack a
3 > GPS device, combined with some sort of
4 > embedded gentoo friendly Tablet.
7 > I'm thinking of multiple channels
8 > of audio output so it is a 5.1 mp3 player too,
9 > for a boat or a RV or an car. Mobile so it can
10 > be moved between vehicles with a quick connect
11 > to sensors and speakers.
12
13 Nokia N900 or new N9 (I have an N9, but the N900 probably has more
14 hackers around it and cheaper second hand items)
15
16 Build something around a gumstix - not that cheap, but I think they have
17 all the bits ready to plug together. Probably low enough power you could
18 battery power it
19
20 Very easy to hack is a PC Engines Alix + laptop screen. (In some ways
21 that's called a 1 laptop per child I guess.... Add that to the list)
22
23 Good luck finding a Gentoo friendly tablet? I would be interested if
24 you find something?
25
26 Good luck
27