From: Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] GPS board
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 15:06:20
On 14/04/2012 19:34, wireless wrote:
> So, I'm looking at options to build/hack a > GPS device, combined with some sort of > embedded gentoo friendly Tablet. > > > I'm thinking of multiple channels > of audio output so it is a 5.1 mp3 player too, > for a boat or a RV or an car. Mobile so it can > be moved between vehicles with a quick connect > to sensors and speakers.
Nokia N900 or new N9 (I have an N9, but the N900 probably has more hackers around it and cheaper second hand items) Build something around a gumstix - not that cheap, but I think they have all the bits ready to plug together. Probably low enough power you could battery power it Very easy to hack is a PC Engines Alix + laptop screen. (In some ways that's called a 1 laptop per child I guess.... Add that to the list) Good luck finding a Gentoo friendly tablet? I would be interested if you find something? Good luck Ed W