From: Sergey Mironov <ierton@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] Re: libgcc_s.so and gcc-config on embedded system
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2011 19:05:47
1 2011/3/5 Sergey Mironov <ierton@×××××.com>:
2 > Hi. I recently faced (probably well-known) problem while setting up my embedded
3 > /usr/arm-module3-linux-gnueabi  system tree. The problem is that
4 > /lib/libgcc_s.so does not exist. Here is typical error message:
5 >
6 > ~ # bash
7 > bash: error while loading shared libraries: libgcc_s.so.1: cannot open
8 > shared object file: No such file or directory
9 >
10 > I know that there is a workaround -  copying this lib from
11 > /usr/lib/gcc/.. to /usr/lib (paths are relative to arm's root). Also,
12 > manual [1] suggests installing gcc on target system and using host's
13 > gcc-config. I tried it and failed. My actions were:
14 >
15 > emerge-arm-module3-linux-gnueabi gcc
16 > ROOT=/usr/arm-module3-linux-gnueabi gcc-config -l
17 >
18 > I looked inside host's gcc-config. Looks like it only works with
19 > NATIVE compiler's libgcc_s.so. It treats arm's gcc as cross-compiler
20 > despite the fact that arm's gcc is actually native for arm system.
21 > Well, I install gcc-config on arm. It turns out, that gcc-config
22 > depends on libgcc_s itself.
23 >
24 > ~ # gcc-config
25 > /bin/bash: error while loading shared libraries: libgcc_s.so.1: cannot
26 > open shared object file: No such file or directory
27 >
28 > Funny. Should I mail gcc-config bug?
29 >
30 > Sergey.
31 >
32 > [1] http://gentoo.mindzoo.de/index.cgi/wiki/Cross%20Install
33 > [2] http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/gentoo/amd64/190796
36 Heh, too slow. gcc-config is bash-script and it is bash who depends on
37 libgcc_s.so. Well, looks like choosing bash was not wise enough.
38
39 Sergey