From: Jason <gentoo@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] dropbear, gethostbyname(), timeout
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 15:15:22
1 Ok, stupid question time. :-)
2
3 I'm trying to do the correct, longterm solution for the following
4 problem. When I ssh into my board (running dropbear-0.49), if I don't
5 have the client's ip address and hostname in /etc/hosts (on the board),
6 it'll take over a minute to log in. Presumably hung on gethostbyname()
7 or similar.
8
9 Adding the name and ip to /etc/hosts is fine while I'm putzing around,
10 but once I deploy it, I can't guarantee what network (crossover cable?)
11 it'll be on, or what the client ip or hostname will be. I'm using
12 udhcpc to bring the device up and I've used
13 /usr/share/udhcpc/default.script to dynamically write the
14 /etc/resolv.conf file based on input from the network's dhcp server.
15 But nothing I've tried works.
16
17 Has anyone encountered this? What's the proper fix?
18
19 thx,
20
21 Jason.