From: Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] root on squashfs+aufs
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2009 17:03:06
1 Hi, I'm interested in hearing how others have managed a root filesystem
2 based on squashfs (or similar) with layering using aufs (or unionfs)?
3
4 I am building an embedded box and it looks like it would work well to
5 have a simple package manager based around a bunch of squashfs
6 partitions which layer on new functionality for certain builds (and it
7 would allow some versioning). On the top of that we need a writeable
8 bunch of configuration files which we might do either with symlinks or a
9 writeable top level partition (still undecided).
10
11 Mainly interested to hear how others have managed the boot process and
12 built their initrd/linuxrc? I'm sure I read about at least one person
13 on this list calling a similar setup "squashfs packages"?
14
15 Thanks
16
17 Ed W