From: Christopher Friedt <chrisfriedt@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] gcc question - entry point problem in small, static app
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 12:03:02
1 Hi Ahmed,
2
3 On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 12:08 PM, Ahmed Ammar <b33fc0d3@g.o> wrote:
4 > You are saying that this code is expected to run by the bootloader (i.e.
5 > no linux) therefore shouldn't you be using a non *-linux-* ? i.e.
6 > something like armv5te-softfloat-elf?
7
8 Yeah, it is non-linux... I just don't feel like going through the
9 trouble of building a new toolchain to compile / assemble some code
10 that doesn't require any syscalls whatsoever. It is intended to be run
11 directly from the bootloader.
12
13 I'll try out what Arkadi said in a previous message.
14
15 Cheers,
16
17 Chris