From: Christian Affolter <c.affolter@××××××××××××××.ch>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] busybox and virtuals (editor, pager etc.)
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 14:25:07
1 Hi everyone
2
3 I'm building an embedded gentoo image for an ALIX-System [1], which
4 should base on uclibc, busybox, baselayout-2 and openrc.
5
6 I have my own profile which inherits and strips down the official 2008.0
7 gentoo profile to a bare minimum. This works all fine so far.
8
9 However if I perform an emerge world:
10 PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT=[...] ROOT=[...] emerge world -vp
11
12 Portage wants to merge:
13 virtual/editor-0
14 app-editors/nano
15
16 virtual/pager-0
17 sys-apps/less
18
19 I have enabled less and vi in my busybox, therefore I don't want to
20 install an "external" pager and editor.
21
22 Both virtual ebuilds (virtual/editor and virtual/pager) don't list
23 "sys-apps/busybox" as a possible RDEPEND. This is understandable, as
24 busybox can be compiled with or without a pager/editor.
25
26 The problem could be circumvented by adding new local use flags to the
27 busybox ebuild, for instance 'editor', 'pager' 'dev-manager' etc. (which
28 could also be used to enable/disable those features if no "savedconfig"
29 was found).
30 Then the RDEPEND of the virtual/pager ebuild and co. have to be extended
31 with use dependencies, for example pager-0.ebuild:
32 RDEPEND="|| ( sys-apps/less
33 sys-apps/more
34 sys-apps/most
35 sys-apps/util-linux