From: Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Adding new users when using buildroot?
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 13:41:47
1 Sven Rebhan wrote:
2 > Anyway, if you follow http://gentoo.mindzoo.de/index.cgi/wiki/Cross%20Install
3 > you will find the command
4 >
5 > find /var/db/pkg -name '*.ebuild' -exec grep -qF 'pkg_postinst()' {}
6 > \; -exec ebuild {} postinst \;
7 >
8 > which reruns all postinstall sections of your cross-compiled system on
9 > the target
10 > and thus also creates the users.
14 That seems like a good idea, but I think the docs say that user creation
15 should be in pkg_setup() and certainly this is the case with dropbear?
16 Seems a bit dangerous to re-run pkg_setup for every package...?
17
18 I also noticed that since I have only busybox in my final build and it's
19 got pretty lousy support for adduser I may need to inject directly into
20 /etc/
21
22 Actually the docs here
23 http://devmanual.gentoo.org/ebuild-writing/users-and-groups/index.html
24 suggest that this IS supposed to work inside the sandbox and hence we
25 might reasonably expect it to work with ROOT= set. However, as Ned
26 says, it seems not to work right now...
27
28 Oh well
29
30 Thanks