From: "P. Levine" <plevine457@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] Re: emerge --root : users not created
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 17:06:23
1 On 06/14/2010 04:09 AM, Sven Rebhan wrote:
2 > 2010/6/11 Marcus Priesch <marcus@××××××××××××.at>:
3 >> Hi sven,
4 >>
5 >> wouldnt it be enough to have the patch included in gentoo's shadow
6 >> ebuild - as i think its mainly relevant for gentoo folks - at least in
7 >> the meantime, until the patch gets accepted upstream ?!
8 >
9 > Well, talk to the Gentoo maintainer of the shadow suite. :-) IIRC, it was
10 > clearly said, that the patch has to go through mainstream, but you can
11 > try nevertheless. IMHO the patch really _should_ go upstream and be
12 > reviewed there as it might be relevant for security stuff.
13 >
14 >> as i assume this patch alone is not enough - as it needs tweaking the
15 >> eclass providing the eadduser & co functions also ... and therefore it's
16 >> hard to put in an overlay ... or ?!?!
17 >
18 > The procedure would be:
19 > 1. Get the patch accepted either upstream or in the portage tree.
20 > 2. Find a good check to distinguish --chroot enabled and disabled shadow
21 > 3. Modify the eclass accordingly.
22 >
23 > So, start with 1. and the rest will happen automatically... ;-)
24 >
25 > Sven
29 I'm currently trying to upgrade the patch to the latest shadow svn head.
30
31 I'm having a problem that I might have to post on gentoo bugs, but I'd
32 like to post it here to make sure I'm not overlooking anything. I
33 started a new cross-build of armv4l-softfloat-linux-gnueabi with
34 crossdev. After installing the toolchain, using emerge-wrapper --init,
35 modifying make.conf, etc..., all emerges with
36 ROOT=/usr/armv4l-softfloat-linux-gnueabi/ in the environment cause
37 portage to use the --quiet flag. I don't have the flag in
38 PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS. I've tried deleting /var/cache/edb and
39 ${ROOT}var/cache/edb, to no avail. I can't use FEATURES="python-trace"
40 to debug because the --quiet flag seems to override it. All thats
41 visible is "myopts {'--quiet': True, '--buildpkg': True, '--verbose':
42 True, '--oneshot': True, '--debug': True, '--root-deps':'rdeps'}". I
43 already searched gentoo bugs. Does anyone know if there was a change in
44 portage that would cause this, or am I overlooking something?
45
46 -P. Levine