From: Chris PeBenito <pebenito@g.o>
To: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>, Alastair Tse <liquidx@g.o>
Cc: Embedded Gentoo Mail List <gentoo-embedded@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] uClibc/Gentoo/buildroot
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2003 05:10:58
1 On Fri, 2003-11-07 at 11:36, Ned Ludd wrote:
2 > From the pure amount of fundamental changes that are going to be needed
3 > in portage I also suggest that somebody from the dev-portage herd join
4 > the embedded herd or vice versa to help facilitate faster portage
5 > commits in directory's such as /home/cvsroot/gentoo-src/portage/bin
6 > which currently seem to take about 30 or more days from when something
7 > is reported.
8
9 Here's something that we need to ask liquidx about, its very applicable:
10
11 http://www-lce.eng.cam.ac.uk/~acnt2/ibuild/
12
13 Then we wouldn't have to go through dev-portage to get things in. Going
14 by the webpage, it hasn't been doing anything for a while. If he's not
15 doing anything on it, perhaps we can take over.
18 Chris PeBenito
19 <pebenito@g.o>
20 Developer, SELinux
21 Hardened Gentoo Linux
22 Embedded Gentoo Linux
23
24 Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xE6AF9243
25 Key fingerprint = B0E6 877A 883F A57A 8E6A CB00 BC8E E42D E6AF 9243