From: Stephen Feyrer <steve@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] ./configure --prefix /opt --host=armv5tel-softfloat-linux-gnueabi
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 10:21:08
1 Christoph Spielmann wrote:
2 > Hi Stephen!
3 >
4 > I guess you installed a cross-compiler using crossdev (thus you should
5 > be able to call your cross-compiler using
6 > armv5tel-softfloat-linux-gnueabi-gcc).
7 >
8 > Now if you install and setup crossdev-wrappers (emerge
9 > crossdev-wrappers) and run emerge-wrapper --init, you'll get a directory
10 > under /usr and a wrapper for emerge
11 > (emerge-armv5tel-softfloat-linux-gnueabi) which you can use to
12 > "cross-emerge" stuff.
15 I done did that, cross-emerge returns "CHOST is not set"
16
17 Every guide or description of how to do this says create a wrapper
18 script for emerge but none seem to say where to put it or how to all it.
19
20 [snip]
21
22 I still need to get this working to build the latest version of dovecot.
23 That doesn't look like it'll using emerge though.
27 Gratefully
28
29 Stephen.

smime.p7s application/x-pkcs7-signature