From: Anders Bruun Olsen <anders@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] emerge nfs-utils fails
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2004 12:48:51
1 Hi,
2
3 I have installed a stage3-x86-uclibc in a chroot env. in order to make a
4 firewall on a nice epia-based machine with only a CF card as storage.
5 What I want to do is share /usr/portage and /usr/portage/distfiles on my
6 main machine and mount it on my firewall. I already have this working
7 with two other machines mounting from my workstation.
8 When I try to compile nfs-utils-1.0.6-r4 in my uclibc environment it fails with
9 this error:
10
11 gcc -L../../support/lib -o mountd mountd.o mount_dispatch.o auth.o
12 rmtab.o cache.o svc_run.o -lexport -lnfs -lmisc -lwrap -lnsl
13 ../../support/lib/libnfs.a(svc_socket.o)(.text+0xb6): In function
14 `svc_socket':
15 : undefined reference to `getrpcbynumber_r'
16
17 I have looked in the source and can see that it includes netdb.h. In
18 /usr/include/netdb.h it includes rpc/netdb.h if __USE_MISC is defined.
19 getrpcbynumber_r is defined in rpc/netdb.h.
20 My first though was that __USE_MISC wasn't defined, so I tried compiling
21 with CFLAGS="-D__USE_MISC", but that didn't help.
22 I have also tried altering the netdb.h and rpc/netdb.h to define
23 getrpcbynumber_r no matter if __USE_MISC is set or not, but that didn't
24 work either.
25 This is now beyond my (virtually unexisting) C-skills.
26 Can anybody help?
27
28 I am using uclibc-0.9.26-r7.
31 Anders